Kundalini Yoga for Self-Care and Caregivers
by Monique Siahaya & Ivonne Wopereis
Includes Chair Yoga Option
Item No: EN-127
Whatever your age or physical ability, yoga can always be used as a way to support yourself. The program Kundalini Yoga for Self-Care is designed for anyone who wants to support themselves through yoga and meditation.
The authors have both been yoga teachers and caregivers in their lives for many years. They know from personal experience how incredibly nurturing yoga can be during the often difficult process of caregiving. Because of that, they came up with this incredible self-care yoga program.
Kundalini Yoga for Self-Care and Caregivers promotes self-awareness and nurtures your understanding around your main life themes. It aids you in discovering what you truly need to support yourself. This program will help you learn more about your boundaries and about being yourself. As a result, you’ll realize that you have a choice in how you respond to life's challenges. You will gain more acceptance for yourself and your situation.
The program helps you improve physical and mental flexibility, allowing you to feel more relaxed and at ease with yourself. The program consists of eleven chapters and addresses important life themes. Each chapter will cover a different theme. The breathing exercises, yoga sets, meditations, and, among other yoga techniques, coordinate with the life themes, promote self-care, and raise awareness about how to provide relief to life's problems.
Top uses for Kundalini Yoga for Self-Care and Caregivers include:
- Reducing stress and promoting relaxation: The book offers breathing techniques, meditation, and physical postures to help calm the mind and relax the body.
- Improving sleep: The relaxation techniques presented in this manual can help caregivers and anyone else who wants to take care of themselves get a better night's sleep, which is essential for maintaining physical and emotional well-being.
- Boosting energy and vitality: This yoga manual has different breathing exercises and yoga sets that can help boost energy and overall vitality.
- Cultivating self-awareness and self-acceptance: The book shares practices that can help caregivers and anyone else who wants to take care of themselves become more attuned to their own needs and emotions, leading to a greater sense of self-awareness and self-acceptance.
- Building resilience: The program can help people build mental and emotional resilience, allowing them to better handle the challenges of self-care and caregiving.
- Strengthening the immune system: Some of the physical practices can help boost the immune system, helping caregivers stay healthy and better able to care for others.
Who is Kundalini Yoga for Self-Care and Caregivers for
- First responders, caregivers, and healthcare workers
anyone interested in using yoga and meditation as tools for self-support and self-care.
- People experiencing ongoing stress
can benefit from the physical and mental flexibility, relaxation, and reduction of stress that the yoga program promotes.
- Individuals of any age and physical ability
looking to boost energy and vitality, cultivate self-awareness and self-acceptance, build resilience, enhance creativity, and strengthen the immune system.
- Newcomers, beginners, and advanced yoga practitioners
can find in this yoga program valuable guidance and support on their journey towards self-care and caregiving.
About the authors:
Ivonne Wopereis has been a yoga practitioner for 19 years. In 2007, she began her Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand and finished it in 2010 at Yoga Center Michon in Enschede, Netherlands. In 2011, she advanced her training by completing the Level Two module "Stress and Vitality," which helped her better identify and handle stress issues using Kundalini Yoga practices. Aside from stress and vitality, the elderly and vulnerable people have always been her primary interests. She attended the Fachausbildung Yoga für Senioren in Germany in 2014, where she studied specific strategies for teaching yoga to the elderly and vulnerable communities. To enhance her education, she attended Guru Ram Das Center seminars with Dr Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa on several modules of Yoga as Therapy. She began her studies in Sat Nam Rasayan in Amsterdam in 2016 in order to operate more intuitively, and she has attended various courses both at home and abroad. She has been teaching Kundalini Yoga since 2007 and designing chair adaptations of Kundalini Yoga programs since 2011.
Monique Siahaya (aka Amrit Kriya Kaur), graduated from Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training in 1988 and has been teaching yoga ever since. She completed the Sivananda pregnancy yoga training in The Hague in 1990 as part of her development, and she finished her Kundalini Yoga Level Two training in the following decades. To focus even more on therapeutic yoga, she has learned Sat Nam Rasayan and completed several segments of Yoga and Therapy with Atma Jot and Dr Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa from the Guru Ram Das Center for Medicine & Humanology. She met people who couldn't sit on the floor or stand for lengthy periods of time due to aging or disease while conducting regular Kundalini yoga lessons. As a result, she began to develop yoga variations for the chair, so that people of advanced age or illness might benefit from Kundalini Yoga practice as well. She has been teaching yoga on a chair in nursing homes since 2002. Her passions and areas of competence include yoga for the elderly, chair yoga, and pregnancy. In 2011, she and fellow kundalini yoga teachers in Germany created the 3HO Fachausbildung für Senioren, a professional training course specialized in yoga for the elderly.
- Paperback, 246 pages
- Format approx. 17.8 x 23.3 cm
- With numerous photos by Thamar Weerts and Pim Siahaya
- Language: English
More interesting products:
Customers who bought this product also purchased
Meditation Cushion Half Moon, Multicolour
Bedtime Tea Yogi Tea organic, 17 teabags
2,99 € 97,71 € / kg
Classic Chai Yogi Tea organic, 90 g loose
3,79 € 42,11 € / kg
Himalaya Neem & Pomegranate Toothpaste, 150 g
7,85 € 52,34 € / kg
Coconut Blossom Sugar, organic
from 4,79 € 23,95 € / kg
Salt crystal lamp, wooden base, approx. 5 kg
Salt crystal lamp "Planet", round, approx. 4,5 kg
Salt crystal lamp tealight candleholder, 1,5 kg
We appreciate the first comment on this item by you!
Note on reviews:
These reviews are from registered customers who have purchased the product from us. We do not use ratings from third parties or external providers. Every review is carefully checked by us and, if necessary, answered in a publicly visible manner.